Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Starting to Do Some Holiday Decorating...

I started to do some holiday decorating over the weekend. I have found this to be harder and harder the last few years. Everything in my home used to be very primitive and now since I have started crafting and collecting the vintage/shabby chic style items, I am having a little trouble combining all of it! Also, I just don't have as much room as I would like - I would love to have several trees! I have one in about every room, but they are not as big as I would like them to be!

Anyway, here are some pictures of what I have gotten done so far. AGAIN, please excuse the bad photography. I am thinking about going to get that new camera TOMORROW! DH will probably not be in the field (unfortunately) and he can go with me to pick out the 'right' one.



I bought several of these bottle brush trees at Target last year! I love 'em! Here I combined one with a Jingle Bells sign that I made. There is a medium-sized piece of ceiling tin to the left.

A shelf in my living room cupboard. I love the old shiny brite ornaments. I have several boxes of them.

Still working on this display...


Saw a board kind of like this at a friend's house and decided to make one for myself - it's in my bathroom...


More bottle brush trees...



Top of the fridge...kind of cut off the Santas on each side!


In the entry way/breezeway. I LOVE the old cardboard houses. This one, unfortunately, is a reproduction. I still LOVE it!

I still have lots to do. These pictures are just the beginning.






1 comment:

The Whistle Stop said...

It all looks wonderful! At least you are starting. I'm still crafting for the shop & cleaning up for 20 people for Thanks Giving! Maybe if I get my cleaning done early tomorrow, I'll drag a box or two out.
Thanks for inspiring me!
Laurie

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...