Tuesday, January 19, 2010

KISS, Etsy, and Ice...

It has been toooo long since my last post. So much for my new year's resolution to be a better blogger!

Anyway, I'll catch you up.

Here is my 5 year-old after watching his Scooby Doo DVD that he got from Santa Claus. However, since the DVD must have been shoved under the couch in all of the Christmas day excitement, it was not even watched until we discovered while rearranging furniture on Saturday. Little did I know that it included the episode where Scooby and the gang catch up with KISS...yes, the painted face, teased hair, leather pant wearing heavy metal band...Don't get me wrong, I have no problem with KISS, infact I enjoy their music with all of the other oldies that I love (Journey, Heart, BonJovi, Deff Leppard, etc). I was just surprised to find both of my boys head banging in the living room while toting their play guitars (one of which was a Wiggles guitar - didn't quite fit in with the KISS music!) and TRYING to sing along with KISS and Scooby....hilarious! And, as you can see below, Ben even discovered that thing they do with their fingers...
Aside from turning my children onto scary clown-like metal bands, I have been crafting for etsy...



Looks like the midwest is due for yet ANOTHER blast of winter weather - mostly ice! Oh, well, I guess I can stay home from school and be crafty with all that junk in my basement...garage...shed...chicken house...barn.....





4 comments:

1 Funky Woman said...

Hey love the Kiss gesture from your son. Hey I looked you up after you became a follower, thank you. Love your vintage fabric and your Etsy items are great.
BTW I live in Ames, how funny is that!

Megan

Hayley said...

Toooooo funny! Love the picture of Ben!!

Prior said...

Ha! Ha! Just the other day I gave my teenager some socks and a cross necklace I put back for his stocking, but couldn't remember where. I love your creations. Lezlee

Olde Tyme Marketplace said...

GLad I found your blog today! Great stuff!
Beth

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...