Thursday, January 28, 2010

McDreamy of the Junking World...

Here I am again, behind on blogging. In my defense, I have big plans of crafting for the weekend...so, hopefully, there will be lots of pictures in a post on either Sunday or Monday.

I also have goals of hitting the sewing machine pretty hard in the near future. I have an independent study Clothing class this semester and they bascially sew every day. So, I need to just bring all of my stuff to school and join in! The workspace at school is so much more spread out than my dark, cramped basement. I have lots of vintage fabrics that I am going sew into something wonderful...I hope!

As far as the crafting, I have been glitterfying everything lately. I bought a set of 18 bottles of assorted Martha Stewart glitter at Hobby Lobby. I have to say (and not just because I love the lady), that it IS the best glitter I have ever worked with! It is super ultra-fine and has AMAZING coverage. I have used other ultra-fine glitter, but nothing compares to Martha's. Say what you want about her, but she knows her glitter!!



Ok, I feel like I can finally post about these guys...I watched the first episode of "American Pickers" on The History Channel on January 18th and I fell in love and I even wrote up a post to put on here. THEN, I heard about the message boards the History Channel website and I quickly deleted my post. Many people were and are upset with what they feel is taking advatange of the elderly and their junk. They feel that Mike and Frank prey on and harass people into selling their possessions for far less than they are worth and then make a huge profit by reselling the items.

I watched all of the first episode. I did not feel uncomfortable with what they were doing. I admit that I don't go about it the way they do, but I am not as experienced and do not know quite as much about junk and antiques, either. As far as getting stuff really cheap and reselling to make a profit...isn't that the way it is done? Also, many of the times that I buy something really cheap it is something that needs to cleaned up and maybe even repaired. Therefore, I have put time and maybe even more money into it before I resell it. Just my thoughts, I guess...

Anyway, it does not hurt that Mike is very nice to look at. It is kind of nice to have a "McDreamy" in the junking world...

Before I go, here are some cute decorating/crafting/mommy blogs from some local girls that you should check out:

http://afarmgirlsluv4junk.blogspot.com/
http://mommagetsreal-nicky.blogspot.com/
http://littlehousefrau.blogspot.com/
http://dsdailylife.blogspot.com/

3 comments:

Barntiques said...

McDreamy of the Junking World! That is great! I watched the show and was entertained. I do the same idea of it. Yesterday on the way home I saw a work truck. They were replacing windows. So, I pulled into the 8 foot snow drift and asked what they were going to do with the windows. He replied, "well, little lady, I think I am going to load them both into your tahoe!" I was so excited!

Darcy said...

Thanks for the props Janelle! I got a little lazy with the blogging for awhile too, but I am back! Can't wait to see some of your new creations!

Nicky said...

thanks for the shout out! I didn't know you had a blog, till I saw you on Casey's. Awesome! Can't wait to see all your ideas and creations...

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...